Monday, May 24, 2010

Art for Sale & Show

A week from today, my local mixed media group will be opening its second annual art show.  I showed five pieces last year and sold two.  This year, I'm hoping to do about the same.  As an extra treat, DD Clara will also be showing this year, too!  If you're in the area, please feel free to stop by and browse the show.
Here are the two big pieces I plan to show:
And here's DD Clara's piece:
One of the reasons I started my blog was to catalog my art, but I soon realized that it was hard to get a good picture of my artwork.  I'm pretty happy with these shots, which I took in program mode as part of the week 2 assignment in Get Out of Auto mode.  I set the ISO to 400 and let the camera do the rest. 

12 comments:

Sian said...

You know I'd be there if I could x

Anonymous said...

We were in Half Moon Bay in March, and I certainly would be there for this if only I were a bit closer. Not only do I like the art, but I also love the frame on the second piece. Tell Clara her work is wonderful; I know where she got her talent!

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

These are great shots of some great pieces! Good luck with the show and sale. Wish I could be there!!! xo

laurie said...

beautiful pieces and each so unique! your daughter is obviously very artistic - how fun for her to be a part of the show. i will pass this info on to my friends in northern ca.

nancy y said...

I'm sure you will both sell your pieces, they are terrific! Clara is really becoming quite the artist.

debs14 said...

Lovely pieces! Your daughter has obviously inherited your arty genes. Wish I could come. How about doing a show in England sometime?

Anonymous said...

lovely!! i need to take a camera class some day soon.

Mariana

Connie Lutz said...

How wonderful! I'm sure you both will do well at the show!

Heather said...

love those pieces Rinda. Good luck :)

humel said...

Wow, how exciting! Wish I could be there :-)

Amy said...

The shots have photographed well for the blog. I use 'P' all of the time, I can set ISO and white balance and I let the camera do the rest for the most part - so much easier!

Julie Shoemaker said...

Great pieces Rinda, and good luck at the show.