Saturday, May 1, 2010

House Party Blog Hop!

Welcome to the House Party Blog Hop!  Last month, I sent envelopes full of paper and embellishments to blog friends all over the world.  They all used them to create altered houses, and today they're ready to share them with you.  Please join us on the blog hop to see the wonderful creations.  Each blog will have a link to allow you to easily follow the circle. If at any time you get lost or find a broken link, you can find the entire list of blogs at the end of my post, so you can jump on the circle in a different place.  It's possible, with the various time zones, that there may be a bit of confusion o time lag here or there, so please bear with us if this happens!
My house is titled "Life is a Circus," and it features some Hungarian postage stamps and a picture of myself on the Eiffel Tower.  Even if my life is a circus, it's a happy life!
I wanted to also share a picture of my IRL house, so you can see where I create.  I live in a town called El Granada in California.  It's on the coast, about 25 south of San Francisco.
Come on in and join the party!  If things get too crowded inside, feel free to go out back and enjoy the garden.  There's a nice bench by the vegetable patch (where you can see the birdhouse my talented DD Clara made):
Thanks for stopping by - please leave a comment noting whether you are a first time visitor, long time lurker/first time commenter or old friend.  I'll come up with a nice give-away for a few of you who leave comments.  Ooops the doorbell's ringing - gotta go let in more party-goers. . . 
Ready for another house? Click on this link to go check out Kim's house at Scrap 'n Sass.


If at any time you get lost, here's the list of blog participants:
Kimberlee of Scrap and Sass at http://scrapsandsass.blogspot.com links to
Jacky of scrappyjacky at www.scrappyjackylive.blogspot.com links to
Margi of The Maverick Crafter at http://maverickcrafter.blogspot.com links to
Liz Lee of “Life at the Gables” at http://lizlee-liz.blogspot.com links to
Ruth Street of Everyday Life of a Suburban SAHM at http://suburbansahm.blogspot.com links to
Nancy Young of Squirrelyart at http://squirrelyart.blogspot.com links to
Lizzie of Lizzie made at http://lizziemade.blogspot.com/ links to

Sian of From High in the Sky at http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.com/ links to
Mel of I Speak Melsh at http://ispeakmelsh.blogspot.com. links to
Deb of Deb's World at www.debs14.blogspot.com links to
Deb of Paper Turtle at http://paperturtle.blogspot.com links to

Karen of Random Reflections at www.kbwalker.blogs.com links to
Cherry of Nights Dream at http://blodwyn3snightsdream.blogspot.com links to 
Sharyn of Living Artfully at http://sharyncarlson.typepad.com/livingartfully links
Julie of JuJu's Folly at http://jujusfolly.blogspot.com/ links to
Elizabeth of Hootings of an Owl at http://emhowl.blogspot.com/ links to

Amy of Over at Our Place at http://overatourplace.blogspot.com/ links to
Denise of Den's Crafty Diary at http://deecie.blogspot.com/ who links back to me

Maria Rinda Ontiveros of Gallo Organico at www.gallorganico.blogspot.com

33 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, I burst out laughing when I saw the Guiness glass :-)

Thanks for orgnising us all Rinda - love both of your houses! I'm off to see what's been created ...

Cherry said...

Thanks for the effort Rinda - Cheers. Wonderful house of delights you have there. Dancing the morning away here. Hugs Cherry XXX

Lulu said...

Your garden looks a real oasis! Thanks for starting this off - this is my 1st visit and blog hop so I'm off to explore:)

Kirsti said...

Your wee hoosie is gorgeous - the woodgrain background is a lovely colour and the Life is a Circus quote is soo true...my first time visiting and I think I have been round everyone else's - have a great day!!!..xox

Ruth said...

Great party, Rinda! I love both of your houses. Thanks so much for organising us all and for providing all the kits.

Margi said...

Thank you for the great blog hop and helping me get outside of my box, I had so much fun! And your house really is red, I'm coming to live with you!

Jennifer Grace said...

wow Rinda, it's amazing you've organised this event, I love how scrapbooking/crafting joins us all together around the world don't you?

I'm new to your blog, have just become a follower, want to keep an eye on all this creativity!

x

JO SOWERBY said...

thanx for a wonderful party maria, u are a g8 organiser. wish i'd been a part of it but maybe next time
Jo xxxxx

Cheryl said...

Rinda I love your houses! Your Circus one is very cute and your IRL is wonderful. I love visiting California and wish I could more often.

Julie Shoemaker said...

It's a great party Rinda! How did you know I love the circus? I love the house...gotta go hop.

debs14 said...

An amazing house Rinda! This has been such fun, thank you so much for organising it.
Oh, and thanks for the margarita, much appreciated after the long flight over from the UK!

Anonymous said...

Now that I've created my first house, I see so much more in each of yours. I love how you combine a phrase, use photographs, and come up with a theme. Love the IRL house as well and would love to live a lot closer to San Francisco than I do!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and thanks so much for all your work in hosting this fun party! Off to hop.

scrappyjacky said...

Love your house,Rinda....and the title is great.
What a wonderful garden you have...I bet you can grow so much in all that sun.
Thanks so much for organising this...it's been a blast...have loved looking at all the houses...and making my own.

Sian said...

Oh, yes!! You got that Guinness glass out! Rinda, I'm just starting out hopping this morning so I've got lots more to see; but I loved seeing your house and all that lovely sunshine. Thank you for being the hostess with the most-est today x

Ann said...

What a lovely party. Gorgeous house! But I have to move on to the next hostess.
Thanks for organising this great event.

Capescrapper said...

What a great blog hop Rinda, and a super job by all the hoppers! What creativity! Super! Thanks for sharing!

Becky said...

Hi, I've visited you quite a few times before! Love the birdhouse DD made - everything looks so nice and sunny - pouring with rain and cold here in the UK! Love the house you made - the stamps are really fun.

emhowl said...

I love both your houses. Thank you so much for hosting the party. I'll be making more houses!

nancy y said...

the circus house is so cool - the roof is great with the letters and flowers. And what fun to see more of your house and Clara's birdhouses... I love birdhouses.

Kimberlee said...

Whoo-hoo! Thank you so much for hosting and for all of the hard work you put into all of the preparation. Not to mention your generosity with sending out all of the goodie bags to play with. You are amazing! It has been lots of fun, and I definitely think it would be fun to play along with any future projects you dream up. Also, I love how your house looks like your house. :D

scrappysue said...

Hi, found out about the party from Lizzie, what fun, I love house themed anything. Your houses are lovely, very much looking forward to hopping around!

humel said...

Love your circus house, Rinda! Thanks so much for organising this - I'm having a great time visiting everyone's houses :-)

Unknown said...

Both your circus house and your real one look great. Off for a look around now.

Anonymous said...

what fun, Rinda!!! but, where's my drink? :) that's ok.. i see the tequila, i'll go make my own... i'm sure i can remember where the glasses live!

Mariana

DaniH said...

Oh, I'll be hanging out in your beautiful garden. Cold beer in hand, of course! Love this project.

Lizzie said...

Love your Real house and your Circus one too!
DH's Bird House is cute also... It looks as if you live in a lovely place - near the sea, sunshine and a pretty garden...

Thank you so much for organising this House Party - I am having such fun and I've had some great new visitors to my blog because of it!

X

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking house! This is such a fun blog hop

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

:o) I love your fun and happy house, Rinda - especially love your "LOL" on it. And how fun to see some shots of your own home as well.

Thanks so much for organizing this event. I'm half way through now and having a blast! xo

Mommy2CVC said...

That was a lot of fun Rinda!! Thanks so much! It was fun to see what everyone created! Everyone is sooo talented!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Firstly thank you so much for the invite to my first blog hop and secondly for very kindly providing all the bits and pieces needed to make our houses.
I love both your house real and paper.
:0)

Nellie Mae said...

How fun!!

hlcarroll said...

wow, this was such a good idea, i've had fun looking at everyones houses! Hannah xx