Friday, July 2, 2010

What's Your Card Style?

I created this card in response to the Ginger Snap Creations Monthly Color Challenge, Shades of Blue.  I used an alcohol ink monoprint for the background and one of my favorite collage stamps.  As I was making it, I was wondering about my card making style.  I'd say I'm heavy on stamps and photos, light on embellishments.  Not a lot of layering either.  I like quirky sayings and off-beat images.  I guess I'd describe my card making style as simple, vintage and quirky.  Do you think I got it right?  How would you describe your card making style?

8 comments:

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

We must have been channeling each other with this color today! :) See you tomorrow. Have a great Saturday. Tam

Julie Shoemaker said...

Love these colors, and yes I think you could describe your cardmaking style exactly that way. I don't have a style, it changes with my mood.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on this card. My favorite cards are always clean and simple and usually include a stamp, a layer or two, some ribbon, and frequently a die cut label or dry embossing. When I do the more elaborate cards I'm never quite as happy with them.

Sian said...

My card making style? Not happening! lol. I'm just not a card maker at all. I love your quirky style though. Quirky is excellent.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the colours of your monoprint...and always love your cards, even though your style is very different to mine....or perhaps because of it.
Me....I'm plenty of layering...and heavy on embellishments.

humel said...

I think you summed up your style very well :-) I think my own is clean and simple too - I like to experiment, but I tend to keep coming back to clean and simple in the end! xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

This is beautiful. Whatever your style I love it .... it appeals! I too dont like too many embellishments and love to stamp on coloured backgrounds. Thank you for joining us at Gingersnaps Creations this month.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Thanks for taking the Gingersnaps Color Challenge!