Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An Art Journal Page with Notions

When faced with the challenge of making an art journal page with the design supply "notions," I was a little apprehensive. I really liked this background and how the rectangles looked on it. I looked up a definition for notions and found that it included zippers.  I thought "this could be fun!" because I really liked the way the zipper looked on the page.  I looked for quotes about zippers and found this one:
"The way to a man's heart is through his zipper."
Perfect.
It's from a bumper sticker. If you want to find bumper sticker sayings for your cards, layouts or art journal pages, check out this link. Although, be forewarned, bumper sticker sayings seem to be more raunchy and offensive that t-shirt sayings.  Let me know if you find a favorite.  For some more traditional notions pages, check out today's Gingersnap Creations blog.  Lots of eye candy there.

8 comments:

helena said...

fantastic piece. I particularly like the way that the zipper looks like a garment. The saying really made me laugh - good to see someraunchy in the mix

Sian said...

Oh, I do enjoy a bit of a snigger at this time of the morning! Very clever take on the project Rinda.

debs14 said...

I've not heard that saying before, but it made me laugh! A very original idea!

Becky said...

I've not heard that saying before either! Love the way you have created this page :)

Cheryl said...

Love it realy made me laugh x

alexa said...

That's made me smile! and an interesting notion :).

Anonymous said...

Cool page! Love all visual texture!

laurie said...

using notions would be a fun challenge. the zipper does look great!