Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pass the Book Winner & A Few Thoughts

Congratulations go out to Ginger of Ginger's Life of Spice on being the next recipient of "Good Mail Day" from Sian's Pass the Book.  Ginger, email me at rinda1961@yahoo.com with your mail address, and I'll drop it in the mail for you. 
Sorry to have been a bit absent lately.  I've been quite busy in my real life, catching up on my job a bit this week and continuing to help manage my son's high school soccer team. Their team is still at the top of the table with two matches left to play.  They are scheduled to play the team currently in second place on Wednesday (the last day of the season).  Good luck wishes definitely appreciated!
I also taught a class today called "stamps + embossing + paint = fun."  The purpose was to show how to combine and layer paint & embossing powders to make rubber stamped images more "mixed media" for use in art journals.  We had a great time, but the best part was when one of my students said, "I know I came to learn these advanced techniques, but the best thing you taught me was how to properly ink and stamp my stamp so that I can get a good, clear image!" Isn't it fun when you learn something unexpected in a class! What was the last unexpected thing you learned in class?

9 comments:

laurie said...

sounds like a good class with something for everyone! i always learn new things when i take classes. i am looking forward to retirement so i can take lots of classes and create all day. congratulations ginger!!!

Amy said...

Congratualtions to Ginger :-) It is a long time since I have taken a creative class in real life - such a pity!

Ginger said...

Oh WOW!! Thank you so much Rinda!! I can't wait to see the book and I love all the inspiration it has given you :)

helena said...

last unexpected thing I learnt in class was while 'teaching' - I've been volunteering with 'get switched on' (to internet) classes at my local library. One lady had been totally frustrated because she could note delete mistakes - becasue she needed the backspace key, rather than delete. like your example - a real basic that we tend to forget that people don't know

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

That is the fun of taking classes - I always pick up some new bit of information or helpful hints. I always enjoy seeing how others will do things just a little differently than I've been doing all along...very inspiring indeed.

Heather said...

Good Luck for Wednesday guys xx

Becky said...

Good luck for Wednesday! I still wish I was close enough to take one of your classes lol!

Sian said...

Hope you enjoy the book Ginger!

And good luck for Wednesday - you are sure of a good result with all the postive vibes being sent your way..

Denise said...

Your class sounds so good, wish I lived closer too.It is great the way you pick up lots of little hints and tips from others in class x