Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sympathy & Thank You Cards: Counterfeit Kit Challenge

When putting together my July Counterfeit Kit, I made a card kit add-on because I knew I was going to make some cards for a card swap. I chose to feature the Michael Strong Whirl-a-gig collection from Club Scrap, but only used the blues, whites and yellows in my main kit. So, I put the coral papers in my card kit add-on, along with some other papers, flowers, ribbons and buttons:
I like to keep Sympathy cards fairly simple, and I like the ones I made. I hope the coral isn't too cheery/bright for the sentiment. What do you think?
I also made some thank-you cards, which I think worked just fine with the color palette (although the light coral/pink paper doesn't scan very well). It's been a while since I participated in a card swap. For this one, I'm sending in four thank-you cards and getting four different thank-you cards back. Same thing with the four sympathy cards.  I used to participate in them all the time but got burnt out on them.
What about you? Do you do card swaps?

8 comments:

Tammy Lee Bradley said...

They are beautiful and probably make the recipient forget that they are supposed to be in mourning. :)) xo

Anonymous said...

Considering how many cards I make, and how long I've been doing it, it seems strange to me that I've never participated in a card swap. Actually I've never been aware of one! Yours are lovely. I especially like the Big Thanks!

Irene said...

Just a couple of weeks ago at a fashion show, I learned that corral was the "in" color. Rinda, your card colors are "right on".

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I like the coral for the sympathy cards, Rinda. Especially paired with the simple design - they are lovely.

I've never participated in a card swap. I've never had the opportunity present itself, but I don't think I'd do it. I think I'd feel odd sending a friend/family member a handmade card that wasn't done by MY hand. You know what I mean? Hm...I wonder if that's wrong...

Anonymous said...

you got sucked into Lucy's card swap, too? :D those re really pretty (i didnt get that kit, to interested to see the colors irl).

Mariana in CA

laurie said...

i love this bright, beautiful color. a sympathy card is also a recognition of a cherished life - it needn't be all gloomy.

Lizzie said...

Gosh, what amazing Sympathy cards, Rinda! I'm thinking back to when Dad died... people sent me cards and it meant a lot to me, just to know they were thinking of me. I think I would have enjoyed a bright card actually... nothing too fancy, but a cheerful colour. Maybe not suitable for the "older generation" - or perhaps I mean those of a more traditional disposition - but if you choose the recipents with care, well, whyever not?!
The Thank You cards are lovely too. So nice - well done you!
I've been making Teacher Thank you cards this weekend. All covered in butterflies so far - but I need to make a couple of male-friendly ones now!

nancy y said...

I participated in a lot of card and ATC swaps in the past, and I'm still burnt out at participating. Now I just do a couple one-4-one swaps with individuals in a group.
But I do enjoy making them!