Monday, October 31, 2011

Inspiring Myself

Now that I've finished scrapping my Seattle/kayaking vacation pictures, I decided to use the prompts from Shimelle's scrapbooking class to work on my Christmas pictures from last year.  So, get ready for a bunch of holiday layouts!  Today, Shimelle suggested finding one of your own layouts that you liked and using it as inspiration.  I chose the layout above (from a previous vacation album).  What I like most about the layout is the bold contrast of the colors and the way that bright blue print is featured prominently.  I looked through my Christmas papers and found a bold green print that I loved.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a full sheet of it. So, I adapted the idea and made the following layout:
I used a more subtle gingham print where I had used the blue flower print and then used the green print as an additional, smaller layer. I love how it turned out.  As always, you can click on the picture to see a larger, clearer picture of the layout.  The pictures are of my family's annual Christmas baking party. It's so much fun to get together with my brothers and sisters, and my kids love spending time with their cousins.
So, did you do Shimelle's Inspire Yourself challenge? If so, leave me a link.  I love seeing the inspiration and what you did with it.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the layouts! I'm always impressed with double page layouts because they are intimidating for me to work on. (So much space to fill!) You executed it beautifully though!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

These are lovely and very vibrant!
I love the layouts,too.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful layouts, Rinda!

laurie said...

i'm impressed at how you can take a layout strategy and apply it to a page with totally different colors and theme! your new page looks great and put me in the mood for some holiday goodies.

Capescrapper said...

Hey you were in my neck of the woods! Love the swan boats layouts. Great job on both sets!

Sian said...

I'm always impressed by double pagers too. I love the way you pack your pages with so much to look at.

scrappyjacky said...

Love them both,Rinda....gorgeous,bright pages....and I like double page layouts as well.
I've just done my page for this prompt...and will blog it in the next couple of days.

Debbie P said...

Lovely layouts! You've done such great work!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful layouts.

Cheryl said...

Fab LO's I should realy do more double spread LO's but mine always seem to be just one x

Alison said...

Love both LOs..the idea of a family baking party sounds like fun!
Alison xx