Saturday, September 15, 2012

2012 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt News

I have had so much fun hosting the 2012 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt, and I am sad to say that it is almost over. It officially ends on Friday, September 21.  On that date, I will publish a post asking all participants to comment and let me know how many of the items you found during the summer. I will also ask you to direct me to your favorite photo if you want (although that's optional).  Participants will have until Sunday night, September 23 to leave a comment. I will be giving out two prizes: one chosen at random from all those who found all 21 of the items and one chosen at random from all participants (so definitely leave a comment, even if you didn't find all of the items). The prizes will be photography-related  Let me know if you have any questions!
And keep hunting! Earlier this week, I went to one of my favorite out-of-the-way beaches in the hopes of finding my penultimate item (a historic landmark). There was no landmark where I expected it to be, but I did find a whole bunch of heart shaped stones, just in case I can't find it before Friday.  I still have #21 left as well, but I'll be posting that one on Friday.  Are there any still eluding you?
See you all at the end of the week (if not before).  In the meantime, I want to share a comment on the original scavenger hunt posting which really touched my heart:
THANKYOU so much for encouraging me to get out my camera and use it for fun. I work as a professional photographer and only usually get my "big" camera out for clients. I usually do all our family snaps on my phone and or point and shoot camera like everyone else. However last weekend I took out the BIG camera for photos for the hunt, I had such fun and got super portraits of my son, daughter and husband that I'd be happy to buy off myself! I have posted the first images on my blog and will seek to upload the rest before 21 Sept. So grateful to have been kick started to do some photos for me.  And her first post (a roadside stand) is a hoot! Check it out here. You won't be disappointed.

19 comments:

Sian said...

It has been a huge amount of fun - long may it continue for years to come! Though I'm sure I won't ever enjoy taking pictures for it any more than I did the afternoon we took photos together

Amy said...

Our next term break starts in a week and I have no scavenger hunt to search out ... mwaaaaaahhh!

debs14 said...

It's been so much fun and I really enjoyed hunting things down. Although I was thrilled to find the last one, it was bittersweet as it meant the hunt was over. Here's to the 2013 version!

Ladkyis said...

I still need three. Someone playing a musical instrument, a swing or hammock and a bride! I knew that was going to be the most difficult. We drove past a hotel where there was a wedding when we were out with my daughter and she suggested we stalk the place to find the bride - I chickened out!

Abi said...

I have loved the scavenger hunt this year Rinda. Thank you for something that created so much fun on our holiday! Can't wait to share what we have all been up to. xxx

Elizabeth said...

I had so much fun doing the Hunt this year. Some were easier than others to find, and the most obvious ones were the hardest for me. I had friends and relatives giving me advice on where I could find certain items. I never realized how many things are in my own "backyard" that I just never noticed.

Alison said...

It's been great fun Rinda...I'll be on the hunt for a heart shaped stone this week
Alison xx

laurie said...

wow, i am loving your collection of heart shaped stones! the scavenger hunt is such a success, bringing people together from all over the world and opening our eyes to really LOOK for these "treasures" in our daily lives.

Jo Murray said...

I loved every moment of it Rinda. Am trying to do another but have a few to go. We'll see.

Lou said...

i;m glad i decided to join in this year, it has been good family fun x thank you x

humel said...

That's a lovely comment - I hope you do realise how much enjoyment your project gives us all :)

Sandie said...

I've had so much fun doing this hunt. I shall certainly be signing up for more (you will be organising more won't you Rinda?!!) Loved the link to the roadside stands by the way!
Sorry it has come to an end and I have all on the list. Just need to post them now.

Jimjams said...

It has been a lot of fun Rinda - I'm going to miss it (perhaps we should have a Winter Scavenger Hunt too - it would mean a different set of shots for most of us as we'd be taking photos in the other half of the year ... food for thought ...)

Jane is a friend and I've seen some of one of those family shots that she took - it is indeed awesome!

~*~Patty S said...

Your heart rocks are remarkable! The colors and shapes are WOW :)

I certainly did enjoy your Scavenger Hunt and find myself, eventho my list is completed, seeing hunt worthy photos ...not that I remember all of the 21 items, but some stuck in my head :)

thanks again for the fun adventures it roused!
oxo

Beverly said...

Diligently working on my list, think I have no chance of finding a bride since the last weekend is over :/

Jane said...

have really enjoyed doing this, thanks!

Yoli said...

I have so enjoyed the scavenger hunt. Thank you for hosting the event. I still have a few things that I need to find to complete my list. Let's see what I can do by Friday.

Missus Wookie said...

Rinda - thank you so much for organizing this scavenger hunt I've so enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing all the other finds :)

Julie J said...

I got my last ones tonight (although one is a tad tenuous) but I went and left my phone at my Mother's so I won't be able to finish the post until tomorrow at the earliest.
Looking forward to seeing all the posts.