Sunday, February 24, 2013

Transitions

For the last four years, I've watched this boy play soccer for his High School team. He has grown so much in his skill, his leadership and his character.  And I have loved being a part of it.  The boys lost their playoff game today, and his high school soccer career is over. He'll play a few more tournaments for his club team and may even play in college. But driving home today, I was struck by the significance of watching his last high school game.  Maybe because I know it's the first of many "lasts" I'll be experiencing this year.  I'm proud of him and the fact that he's ready to move in to the next phase of his life. But, oh my, I'm going to miss this!

6 comments:

Sian said...

Yes! TTO came home from his last Debating competition last night, feeling a bit sad himself

Irene said...

Rinda, you did a good job capturing his high school soccer games. Just think of all the first experiences he will have in college. They do grow up fast.

Missus Wookie said...

As a parent we're always told to look for their firsts - not as many reminders of all those lasts too. Glad that you were able to attend this last and look forward to the photos of the first game at college :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

**hug** lasts are tough. I hope he gets to play in college

Lou said...

I can only imagine the significance of this moment and know that before long I will know exactly how it feels. Great photo x

Karen said...

I remember the "lasts" of both my kids' senior years and how bittersweet they were. I still miss the soccer games after all these years!