Saturday, July 27, 2013

Photo Scavenger Hunt Update and News!

On Wednesday, July 31, I'll be hosting a linky for people to check in about the 2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt! Details below.
Item #1 Open Air Market
I've been taking a few photographs lately for the 2013 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt, but mainly I've been taking them with my iphone. I carried it to the local farmer's market the other weekend and created this nice little collage.
Item #8 A Tower
I also managed to snap this photograph of one of my favorite San Francisco landmarks: Coit Tower.  I hope to get closer this summer to take more photographs. 
Item #10 An Outside Bench
Finally, a very nice bench found outside my favorite day spa where I went for a massage.
******************************************************************************
With these three finds, I have now found and posted 14 of the 21 items for the hunt . . . not bad since there's still two months left. And I know where to find the other 7. I just need to go on a few road trips.  I'm planning to do one in the next few days so that I have something new to post on Wednesday when I'll be hosting the July Scavenger Hunt Linkie!
On Wednesday, please stop by and post a link to one of your blog posts about the scavenger hunt and go visit some of the other photographers who are playing along this summer. The link can be to a new or old post and can be about anything related to the Hunt.

18 comments:

Amy said...

You've captured great colour in your market shots Rinda!
Since I've got a ridiculous number of posts relating to the scavenger hunt, I've written up a summary post that I'll link when yours goes live - hope that's okay?

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of great photos.

Lynn Cohen said...

This looks like a fun challenge!

Unknown said...

I'll be here Wednesday! We tried to find a few more items today and didn't find any. But the hunt is the fun part so I don't mind a bit :)

alexa said...

The market collage is so full of colour ... The Link up arty sounds fun - better get snapping!

Lesley G said...

I am always using my iphone as I don't really carry my camera since getting my phone. Love your collage. The coit tower brings back so many happy memories of our week in SF - one of my favourite cities :)

scrappyjacky said...

I'm very behind with my Scavenger Hunt photos due to not getting out much with my knee....but still hoping to catch up.

Karen said...

I'm saving my most recent ones for Wednesday's link-up. Love the collage from the market.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Nearly all mine are phone capture. I'm still working on the cloud & windmill. I know what sign I want to use but I need to go by the place & take the photo still. This will give me a reason to do it early this week!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Looking forward to seeing how everyone else is getting along with the list. I'll be on the look out for the successful cloud photos! I like the sound of your laughing lamb :o)

Miriam said...

The market collage is so beautiful and the bench so pretty. Thanks for the reminder about Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Love the market collage.

Flora said...

That is a nice bench. I've never seen anything like it.

Lou said...

You've done well with your list. I've got a couple...these next two weeks though I hope to capture lots more.

JO SOWERBY said...

I loved visiting the Coit Tower and seeing the beautiful murals, I still have the pictures of those. I'm working hard collecting pictures to soo will have to link up on Wednesday
Jo x

Irene said...

Looking forward to Linking on Wednesday. Thanks for Hosting this fun summer hunt, I have the family on the lookout for clouds when I'm driving. LOL

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Cool finds, Rinda. Good to know about Wednesday...I need to see if I have anything worthy enough to put in a post. I've been holding out on a few, knowing that we have a little trip to take next weekend where I'm hoping to check a few more off the list! :o)

Melissa said...

I like that bench - it would nice on my back patio! :>)

I'll be back to blogging Thursday and have some photos to share (probably by Saturday), so I'll pop back then and add my link! I'm strolling through blogland catching up with everyone today!

john-w said...

Hi Rinda,

I've just joined the scavenger hunt, so a long way to go yet.

I'm afraid that I've somehow managed to register (or link) twice - oops. I'm at #50 and #56. The #56 is the better link, so if you know how to delete #50, I would be most obliged.

I think it's a great idea and trust you get many more entries.

Kind regards,

WOYWWer john-w #56