Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Channeling Georgia O'Keeffe (Part 2: Flowers)

Yesterday I posted about how much subconscious inspiration I have taken from Georgia O'Keeffe in my artwork, and I shared images reflecting our shared love of bones and shells. O'Keeffe is also well-known for her flowers, and I have a few flower photographs in her style.
Here are two of my favorite O'Keeffe flower paintings for comparison:
Jimson Weed
Blue Morning Glories
What do you think? Can you see the similarities? I can't wait to get started creating more directly in her style!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I love everything about your third photo: the colors, the composition, and the white background. Lovely! Georgia O'Keeffe has long been a favorite. Sarah spent two summers at The Ghost Ranch where O'Keeffe lived during part of each year, and we got to visit her home and the museum in Santa Fe when we were there.

Miriam said...

I love picture two, the close crop and beautiful soft colours.

Sian said...

Yes, it was flower ones we saw at the exhibition.

what lovely photos

Missus Wookie said...

I like the flower ones - but then I love flowers :) I think your class sounds interesting and am enjoying seeing your results.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Very nice! I think the first two pics have a really strong O'Keefe feel to them.

Jo Murray said...

Wow! Channelling really works!

sky-blu-pink said...

Great macro shots. Do you like Tamara Lempiska, too? I love her flowers.