Friday, April 24, 2015

Scrapbook Friday: A Peek at Two Trips

I have a goal to scrapbook at least four layouts a month and share them on Fridays on my blog. Right now I'm working my way through photographs from 2014. I have a couple layouts to share today, both featuring some of the photos from a couple trips I took that year. First up, some photographs of when Clara and I went to visit family in Southern California, and we got to meet my niece's beautiful baby Lilliana Skye. I used another premade layout, adding only the photographs, flowers and journaling. I was so pleased how well the colors matched!
Next up, photographs from the "Duck Crop." I am a member of a scrap and chat group that was originally brought together because we were all members of Club Scrap and lived in California. Over time, people have dropped out of Club Scrap and have moved out of state, but we all still like to get together. In Spring of 2014, we gathered in Eugene, Oregon (home of the University of Oregon Ducks) for a crop. I used yet another premade layout (yes, I am actually beginning to run out of them), but added the Oregon cutout and stamped the Stampotique craft girl to help support my theme. You may not be able to tell, but the background paper actually has crafty elements on it (spiral clips, scissors, brads, etc.). The butterfly is a little off-theme, but I still think it works. Don't you?

8 comments:

Lou said...

cool name, duck crop. lovely photos

alexa said...

I think a butterfly works wherever :). Your 'pre-made' still has lots of customised elements to it. I like your Stampotique figure popped in there!

alexa said...

I think a butterfly works wherever :). Your 'pre-made' still has lots of customised elements to it. I like your Stampotique figure popped in there!

Becky said...

Great layouts :)

Sian said...

I like butterflies whenever and wherever too. They add energy and movement to a page. Lovely!

Karen said...

I've never had much luck using premade layouts, but you are doing a wonderful job with them!

Melissa said...

You are certainly doing a great job using up those pre-made pages & making them work perfectly with your photos!

Gail said...

Well how neat to see a familiar face in the Duck Crop one (AR who I know from another scrapbooking group). I really like the butterfly on there.