Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Snap! Superfoods

Cashew Nuts
Goji Berries
Hemp Seeds
Chia Seeds
This year, Helena is hosting a photo meme called Snap!  It should be a "visually linked set of between 2 and 4 images."  For week #2, I am sharing four images of superfoods - natural foods that pack a huge nutritional boost. This year, I am making a lot of Superfood Smoothies (which are inspired by the book of the same name by Julie Morris). These are four of my  favorites, and I thought they would make a good set of photos for this week's Snap! They also qualify as #7 Berries and/or Nuts for the Wintertime Photography Scavenger Hunt!
I also created a four photo collage with the goji berries, cashews chia seeds and acai powder (clockwise from upper left), but visually I think I like the four individual photos better.

I also made a few collages with six images (these also include flax seed meal in the lower right hand corner). Two other superfoods I enjoy that are not included in any photos are cacoa powder and camu berries. It's been fun to play with different ways of photographing these superfoods. Thanks for the challenge Helena.
Anyone else including superfoods in your diet?

12 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

They make a great set of images in that little terracotta bowl. I'm sitting here with my afternoon smoothie, containing both chia seeds and milled linseed! I think the latter is what we use instead of flaxseed meal. I also have a small bowl of pre-soaked cashews and I have most of the other things pictured in my store cupboard.

Missus Wookie said...

I like them in those bowls with the grains in the worksurface behind. I love my morning super smoothies.

Karen said...

Actually, I like all the photos you've gathered here. The collages work for me, as well.

alexa said...

The bowls look wonderful with those healthy foods in ... I am a keen green smoothie drinker in the morning and add some of your seeds for added oomph. I like the collages especially.

helena said...

love the bowls you used too - they look calming and good for you

Sian said...

Not just good to look at but informative too! I love cashew nuts; but you have reminded me I need to look further than that to get a good variety. My favourite superfood is broccoli

Miriam said...

I love nuts, in anything. I love very seedy bread. I absolutely adore any sort of green vegetable but smoothies, particularly of the veggie kind just don't float my boat! Love love love your pictures though.

Patio Postcards said...

How timely your Snap post is - with the vow to eating better this year, it's was great information of some options & your post ties in so well with Fiona's post. Great minds & all ...

Melissa said...

Great snaps! I'm not including superfoods intentionally, but am working to have well-balanced nutritious meals!

Maggie said...

They do look good in those terracotta bowls. I am not a smoothie fan though.

Anonymous said...

the bowls are lovely. Unfortunately for me..the only one of the superfoods I can eat is the cashews!

Anonymous said...

The photos and collages look great. Haven't had too many smoothies but have enjoyed them the last 2 days upon the spa Cafe on the ship.