Monday, March 7, 2016

Scrapping with Shimelle, Part 2

I continued to play along with Shimelle's Mothering Weekend Online Crop Party on Sunday, and I found the challenges to be, um, more challenging (and interesting!). When I read this one about creating a wall of frames, I thought, "Oh he** no!" But then I remembered some frames I had from an old Club Scrap Kit and decided to give it a try.
It was actually fun to add little fiddly bits to fill in and decorate the frames. I painted some chipboard for the 18, used chipboard circular letters and even added some black eyelets to several frames. The best part was finding a decent way to scrap the dark, poor quality iphone photos from Henry's 18th birthday!
I also completed some layouts from the use an old page kit challenge:
Technically, the challenge was to scrap with Shimelle's first paper collection, but I thought this captured the spirit of the challenge. Very simple and quick. But I'm so happy they're done. I've got one more scrapping day planned this week (tomorrow), and I'm hoping to do at least one more challenge (circles). I might have some photos to make the color story work, and might even come up with something for the last challenge. We shall see!
Are you doing any scrapping lately?

6 comments:

Sian said...

Oh, yes: I always have some scrapping in progress :) And it's great to see you scrapbooking again too. Hurray for Shimelle jumping back in and offering her special brand of inspiration and encouragement.

Karen said...

You're getting a lot done! I tend to scrapbook in spurts, and now it will be awhile until I get back to it as we're on the road for several weeks, with just brief stays at home.

alexa said...

You are definitely on a roll, Rinda - and I'm guessing it feels very satisfying. I am just starting again to scrap, but don't think I will match your rate of progress!

Susanne said...

Yay for you, taking up the challenge. You've got some fab pages there.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh I remember that paper from that last DLO. You're doing some lovely pages.

Linda said...

Lovely pages Rinda! How lovely to see Shimelle challenges again, I will have to pop over to her blog to have a look!